Saturday, April 10, 2010

Canabalt


Arrr... I can't Help myself, It's like everywhere I look I see side scrollers! and they are all so amazing!
Okay So I'm A big Stumbleupon fan, I use it alot, on that note if your a stumbler add me I have lots of short reviews on heaps of intresting games and things I like. this is how I found Canabalt and thank god I did cause this game rules.

Canabalt by semi secret software
To start with if your going to play this game use this link, they use a higher res that really gives you a better fell for the game. The version over at semi secret software has been killed by a stupid iphone boarder and decreased game res, who knows what they were thinking there cause to be honest, if I played it there first I would have skipped this game completely.. luckily thats not that case.

Okay so the guts of it, Canabalt is a 'one-button' escape side scrolling plat-former. The city your character 'whom you control' is in, seems to be under siege by alien/robotic forces and you are high tailing it to safety.

It really is quite genius even with one-button the game play is intense, fun and addictive. It sit's you on the edge of your seat waiting for the next building to collapse or the next robot to drop out of the sky all the while making you click 'x' furiously as you gain speed and try to avoid objects that might kill or slow you for your next jump.

The sound track along with the 8bit graphics is amazing and honestly, is what makes this game awesome.

This game was released last year and has won several awards and has now been released on iphone, show your support if you have an iphone buy the game. I am.

Canabalt by semi secret software